At some point during your entrepreneur journey you will begin to find some success and with that success finally comes some excess cash. If you are like I was when I started to gain more success and create excess cash, I needed to find a way to invest and make it grow exponentially, but fit that into my day to day alongside building businesses working 80 hours a week.
I started investing in real estate, but I also starting investing in the stock market. Like most newbie investors in the market, I just bought stocks and hoped they went up. Sometimes I made money, more often I didn't. Then I found options and started trading those, but like most people who don't have a true strategy with an edge, I would win and then give my wins back. I ultimately made nothing.
It was at this point that I took a step back and really looked at the markets. It occured to me that if you do what everyone else does, you will get the results of everyone else and most don't make any money. I started asking questions. A lot of questions. One of the questions I asked myself was "How do I put the odds in my favor from the start and not have to sit in front of a screen all day watching markets?" Soon after, I had my big "aha" moment. I realized that most people who buy stocks or options have just a 33% chance of making money because a stock or option can go 3 different ways: Up, Down, or Stay the Same. To put that in perspective, the odds at a blackjack table in a casino are 46.36%. People are literally better off going to the casino than just buying stocks or options.
One I realized this, I asked another question. I asked, "If buying a stock or option gives you a 33% chance of winning, then who has the 67% chance? Because that is who I want to be!" It is the sellers. But, how can you be a seller in the markets? Initially, this was discouraging as to be a seller of stock, you need to either be taking a company to IPO in the markets or be an accredited investor who invests in IPOs. At the time, neither was an option for me. So, I did some investigating and found that there are a few different types of trades where you can be a seller. Those trades are selling cash-secured puts, covered calls, and credit spread trades. Don't worry if you aren't sure what these mean or are because you can learn about them.
Once I educated myself on these types of trades, I doubled down asking how I could improve my odds of winning from 67% to a higher level. Over the course of a few years, I figured out and put together a strategy that allowed me to achieve win rates of over 90% on my trades - and even more important, I found that I could do it in less than 12 minutes a day! How would you like to grow your wealth with 12 minutes or less per day of effort and give yourself an over 90% chance of making money? Most people would jump at that chance.
But, there is a catch. That catch is that the way I trade is not for homeruns. It is small returns day in and day out, week in and week out, etc. that add up to homerun like returns over time. Most people want everything NOW. We have been conditioned for instant gratification and success. People want to to take $1000 and turn it into $1 million overnight. That doesn't happen. Creating consistent income in the markets takes discipline and consistency. But, overtime, it is amazing how you can grow wealth by stacking the odds in your favor and not getting too greedy.
Over a decade ago, I started sharing my strategies and helping other entrepreneurs learn how to put their money to work for them. I created a service called 12 Minute Trading where I teach these strategies and share every trade I do in a weekly newsletter and updates throughout the week. I can honestly say, it is the most comprehensive options selling service in the market place. If you are interested to learn more and get a free trial of the service, you can click here. It gives you a video series and my E-books on trading to help you learn and get started as well as the free trial.
You can also follow the 12 Minute Trading YouTube Channel where myself and top-trading mentor, Doc Severson share education and market commentary each and every week.
Here's to your success and building your wealth!
Click Below to Join Misfit Nation and Get Your Free Copy of "The Top 10 Lessons to Thrive and Succeed!"
Follow Misfit on Twitter!