I saw a great thread the other day on Twitter discussing how to be extremely productive and the steps to do so. It was posted by @Copywriting_Dad and I wanted to give you his advice. You can view the tweet at https://twitter.com/Copywriting_Dad/status/1579811799041728512, but here it is below.
1. Start your day early
Fix your schedule to wake up at 5 AM
This'll help you key in 3 hours to day
Adopt a morning routine that’ll keep you motivated during the day
• Set a timer
• Drink a litre of water
• Have a morning walk
• Read a book you've planned
2. Interrupt distractions as they occur
Before you settle for any focused work, modify your environment
• Set timer before undertaking tasks
• Turn off notifications
• Focus on a single task
This'll scale your productivity 2x better
3. Work during your peak hour
Identify when and what get you energized.
During your peak hour;
• Tackle the hardest task.
• Improve the work system
Work on improving the efficiency on undertaking your tasks.
4. Plan before
Spend 20 minutes in your evening to make a list of 3 most important tasks.
• Pick a pen and a paper
• Write down all activities to undertake
• Cancel out the most important to be left with 3+
Have your plan run in 1 day, 100 days and 1000 days.
5. Write a daily to-do-list
Make your to do list short and actionable
• More specific
• Have a sense of urgency
• Simplified with digestible tasks
A to-do list act as a roadmap to task completion.
6. Avoid multitasking
Focus your attention on one goal at a time.
This helps you;
• Get less overwhelmed
• Boost your productivity
Energy flow where is directed.
7. Learn how to build flow state
Finish minute tasks
How to create flow state;
• Pick a task
• Set a timer(50 minutes)
• Aim at short term target
• Get rid of distractions
• Take 10 minutes break
• Repeat until you finish the task
8. Set deadlines
You work 5x faster with deadlines.
If you set a deadline for 4 hours, it'll get done in 4 hours.
• Know what you want to achieve
• Get what you need
• Set aside time
Deadlines help you measure outcome and improve your systems.
9. Learn how to boost your mood
When you feel overwhelmed, do activities to cheer you up
• Take a cold/warm lavender shower
• Prepare a cup of coffee/green tea
• Take breaks and regular walks
• Free dance to your favourite song
What gets you in the mood?
Click Below to Join Misfit Nation and Get Your Free Copy of "The Top 10 Lessons to Thrive and Succeed!"
Follow Misfit on Twitter!